18 November 2010

Maiko Chizu, Light up at Kodaiji temple

#Kodaiji temple, #momiji light up
Kyoto 2010


OK, a temple light-up when tripods are not allowed is kind of frustrating. But still, I went there because I like Kodaiji and I share the enthusiasm of the Japanese for the Momiji season (maple red leaves). I have tried somehow to get something from this scene, I am not 100% satisfied with these shots but there are not that bad.
I was focusing on my camera settings when I suddenly heard in the crowd the voice of a Maiko. They are also enthusiastic but the way they speak is very particular so I could distinguish her voice.
I turned around and saw Maiko Chizu with a guest. He was also having a hard time trying to take a picture of her in the dark etc...When he went to buy the tickets I asked for her permission to make a portrait calling her by her name. She was of course very surprised that I would know her name. The guest came back and they both asked me questions and laughed that I would recognize her. How great! Then, I didn't bother them any longer. View the portrait below in this post.



 Kodaiji temple, momiji light up
Kyoto 2010




 Kodaiji temple, momiji light up
Kyoto 2010

 


 Maiko Chizu, portrait at Kodaiji
 Kyoto 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment